Premium Online Baby & Child First Aid Course
Be proactive and learn how to save a baby or child’s life today with our online baby first aid course!
Start by watching this little video I made for you…
Expert lessons & Advice
Delivered by Emergency Nurse and Midwife – Edwina. Over 15 years experience and has supported 1000’s of parents.
Suited to your lifestyle
First aid classes that are convenient to you. Access at anytime, from the comfort of your own home.
12 month access
You get 12 months access so you can re-watch as many times as you need to feel confident in your knowledge and skills.
12 month money back guarantee if you’re not satisfied. We offer this confidently – our course is 5-star reviewed.
Do you know how to best manage your sick little one, or worse, know what to do if they stop breathing?
As a parent or carer, this knowledge isn’t just a nice extra to have… It’s a MUST have!
I’m Edwina, a Nurse, Midwife and Mumma of two.
In my experience as an Emergency Nurse, I seen way to many times that parents just didn’t know what to do. Nobody thinks it will happen to them… but the reality is that it can, unexpectedly, at anytime.
In an emergency involving your little one, time is absolutley critical. What you do while waiting for an ambulance to arrive can mean saving a life.
Learn how to care for your little one while sick, provide basic first aid and act in an emergency situation. All from the comfort and convenience of your own home.
What’s Included In The Online Birth Course?
CPR and Drowning
- Possibly the most important thing you need to know. Drowning is one of the most common causes of deaths in toddlers. This module will cover:
– What to do if you baby or child stops breathing
– Learn Basic Life Support (DRSABCD)
– How to effectively provide CPR to a baby or child up to 8-years old
– What to do if a baby or child is drowning and how to prevent further damage
- One of the most common reasons parents panic. This module will cover:
– Why children choke and what you can do to help prevent choking
– What you need to know about introducing solids to babies
– Understand the difference between gagging and choking
– What to do if a baby or child is choking
Fever and Febrile Convulsions
- Ahh, no one likes a fever. Especially seeing it in our little ones. This module will cover:
– How to take temperature in the most effective way.
– Understanding a fever – what it is, causes, signs & symptoms.
– How to help a baby or child feel more comfortable if they have a fever.
– When to seek advice from a health professional.
– What are febrile convulsions and what to do if your baby or child has a febrile convulsion.
Vomiting and Dehyrdation
- Managing hyrdation while little ones are sick can be tricky. This module will cover:
– The causes, signs and symptoms of dehydration in babies and children.
– The importance of hydration & how to manage dehydration so that it doesn’t become critical.
– Strategies to increase fluid intake while a child has gastro.
– When to seek medical attention.
Burns and Scalds
- A common presentation to hospital which can be managed best if parents know what to do in a quickly. This module will cover:
– Understanding the difference between burns scalds – what they are and their causes
– Why it’s important to treat burns and scalds immediately
– How to effectively treat different types of burns and scalds
– When to seek professional medical attention for a burn or scald
Breathing Illnesses: Asthma, Allergic Reactions and Anaphylaxis
- This module will cover breathing illnesses:
– Early signs and late signs of allergic reactions and anaphylaxis.
– How to use a Ventolin puffer and spacer.
– How and when to use an epi-pen.
– The tracheal tug and intercostal recession.
Wounds, Broken Bones and Head Injuries
- All super common in little ones, but often concerning for parents. This module will cover:
– What to do if a baby or child has a broken bone and how to manage pain.
– Understanding the types of breaks; simple break and compound fracture.
– How to treat different types of head injury’s and the signs to look out for.
– Understanding whether to let your child sleep after a head injury.
- There are many different ways children could experience poisoning so it’s important to know how to manage them all. This module will cover:
– The most common reasons children are exposed to poison and high risk times for poisoning.
– The types and causes of household poisons.
– How to prevent a child’s exposure to poisons.
– What to do if a child has; swallowed poison, got poison on their skin or in their eye.
Bites and Stings
- From common insect stings to highly venomous bites, we cover it all in this module:
– How to treat common bites and stings such as ants and wasps.
– How to properly remove bees sting barbs in the least painful way.
– How to treat spider bites.
– How to treat snake bites and funnel-web spider bites.
– How to treat box jellyfish stings.
What To Keep In Your First Aid Kit
- As a parent or carer, it’s so important that you keep a first aid kit in your home. This module will cover:
– Discover what an experienced Emergency Nurse recommends you to have in your first aid kit and why.
Be Proactive And Join The Online Baby & Child First Aid Course That Has Given Over 2000 Families The Skills To Save A Little Life…
✓ 12 Modules of video content delivered by an Experienced Emergency Nurse.
✓ Get full support to ask questions with weekly live Q & A sessions.
✓ Join our like-minded community of Birth Beat parents inside our private VIP Facebook Group.
✓ Learn at your own pace, at anytime – all from the comfort and safety of your own home.
✓ 12 months access so you can re-watch as many times as you need to feel confident in your skills.
OR 4 payments of $49.25
Real stories from Birth Beat parents…
“Hi, I just wanted to let you know my little man choked on some grapes recently. Thank you Birth Beat for saving the day ( and Jimmy). I managed to stay calm and think through what we had learnt and helped him quickly.
My little blue mouthed man certainly got my heart racing. You never expect these things to happen to your child. I am so thankful for learning this life saving First Aid”
You’ll never guess what happened the very afternoon after Ian and I did your Child First aid course.
We were in the shed building a chicken coop. Gabby was sitting on a chair eating an orange and I walked outside to give Ian a pen to do some measurements. I was gone literally about 30secs when I walked back in to find Gabby very quiet (very strange for her!) and hunched over her plate. I ran over to her to find her choking. She had already vomited in her plate and she looked up at me with these panicked scared eyes that I’ll never forget while trying to get a breath in.
But there was no air going in. I screamed out to Ian while she threw up again and just as I was grabbing her to throw over my knee to do back blows, she vomited for a third time and a big chunk of orange came out.
Thank god! It was really the most surreal experience as while I couldn’t stop shaking after it all happened, during it, I was this weird kind of calm. And in the split second before I jumped into action I stood for a moment in disbelief thinking, ‘Wow… I just did the first aid course this morning about choking and now my daughter is literally choking’!
So while it didn’t come to actually doing back blows or thank goodness CPR, I believe my calmness during the situation all came from feeling well prepared and confident that I knew what to do. So thank you Edwina, I owe it to you that in a situation that previously probably would have turned me into a blubbering mess, I felt calm and in control.
Can’t thank you enough xx
How does the Online First Aid Course work?
1: Purchase The Premium Online Baby & Child First Aid Course HERE.
2: Receive your login details via email instantly.
3: Logon to the Birth Beat portal via the member login tab on our website.
4: Start watching our videos on-demand. You can learn anytime, anywhere and at your own pace.
5: Join our Birth Beat VIP’s Facebook group where you can engage directly with Birth Beat parents in our community of online members.
6: Rewatch the videos as many times as you need within your 12 months access.