2018 was a huge year – and, although we seem to say it every year, it went soooo quickly!
Like seriously, how is it 2019 already?!
I took some much needed time off over the festive season, which not only gave me time with my beautiful family but also space to reflect on all that’s happened over the last 12 months. It’s very cliche, but there is something about the New Year that prompts us to look back on the year that has been and also to get excited about a fresh, clean slate isn’t there?
I started Birth Beat in my hometown of Tamworth because I could see a gap in childbirth education options locally. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that Birth Beat would grow to become a national brand, impacting thousands of Mums and Dads to be – but that is my why and reason for pushing (midwife pun intended!) each and every day, to better the birth experience of all.
I can honestly say that I love my job and that I am genuinely excited about what’s to come for Birth Beat – 2019 promises to be another big year with lots of exciting announcements on the way!
But before we fully launch into 2019…
I thought it would a great time to look back on some of Birth Beat’s highlights from 2018.
Over the last 12 months:
- I was honoured to have been named one of the Australian Financial Review’s 100 Women of Influence, shortlisted out of over 800 entrants and listed alongside some truly inspirational women.
- Birth Beat appeared on the season finale of Shark Tank Australia. What an incredible experience and learning curve that was!
- Birth Beat won the NSW Business Chamber Excellence in Innovation award.
- I took part in the HCF Catalyst Accelerator which was a life and business changing opportunity.
- I was interviewed by the impressive Mark Bouris for his The Mentor podcast. You can listen to our chat here.
- Sharing my own birth stories with Australian Birth Stories podcast was such a privilege. Hear all about how Polly and Theo entered the world here.
- I also wrote a number of articles for Mums Grapevine – you can check them out via the links below:
Thank you once again to my amazing Birth Beat Tribe for all your support.
Here’s to an incredible 2019!